Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Chapter 4, one more time with feeling!

Well, the rollercoaster of WKCE schedules is over and a short week for Thanksgiving.  We took the Chapter 4 test before we left.  It was mostly on factors and GCFs.  As I corrected them I noticed that some areas we did pretty well on, but not as well as I would have liked as a whole. 

Therefore, we are taking this week to review, re-teach, and re-learn the missing pieces from our educational puzzle.  Today I went back over GCF and some various math review that is due tomorrow. 

I noticed that my esteemed teaching counterpart on the blue side, Mr. Nelson, found many, many, cool links to help and I will direct you to his page as well to see them and try them out.  They can be found here:

http://mrnelsonmath624.blogspot.com/

Check out "GCF revisited" 

Sometimes we need to slow down to go faster.  I'd rather take the time to do it right this time than do it over again.  The schedule for this week is:

Tues: GCF
Wed: Fractions to Decimals and vice versa
Thurs: Reducing, Reducing, and more Reducing
Friday: Retake for those who scored a 1 or a 2. 

I will post those grades this weekend, so be sure to check them out.  Also, tests will be back to them on Monday of next week. 

There may be a few minutes of work to do at home as we have more repetition this week, but not a ton, expect 20 minutes or so a night on the top end. 

See you tomorrow!  Any questions about math, please email me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment