Monday, September 23, 2013

Quiz 1.3

Welcome back!

Alright, today we took our first quiz, it was on two standards:
1. Long Division
2. Exponents with Order of Operations

I really enjoyed class today.  The students took the quiz and when they completed theirs we did a mini-conference about their answers as they finished.  So, if they missed a few I gave them the opportunity to go fix them.  This helped to point out many little errors that should now be fixed and hopefully not made again.

Of course on the test I will not be able to point out these errors, but will correct what they've done.  Also, I shared with them that they have the responsibility of proving what they know by showing the steps and their work.  I have to be able to know that they know it and their work is proof of their thoughts on paper.

Coming up soon Greatest Common Factor and Least Common Multiple.  Brush up on those multiplication facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment